GNRR is a regular event where people can read graphic novels in others’ company in a relaxed space such as a cafe, a community centre or a library. A wide selection of graphic novels are provided to chose from, mainly long-form fiction and non-fiction. The sessions can be anything from a couple of hours to a whole day where people come and go freely.
Everybody at the event will be reading something different and there is no formal discussion about the books. People are encouraged to attend on their own or with friends - everybody over 18 is welcome. A sociable and calm atmosphere is established and drinks and snacks are usually available - depending on the venue.
GNRR can also travel and can set up a Reading Room as an activity for schools, universities, workplaces, charities or art festivals and can also set up in a pop-up space.
- The purpose of the events is threefold:
- to introduce new people to graphic novels and to give access to a inspiring selection of books for those who already love comics
- to create a comfortable space where people can properly unwind and be with others in a non-pressured environment
- to promote artists, publishers, festivals, indie bookshops and businesses and the comics community
You can find out more about the GNRR from an interview at Broken Frontiers and in an article in NowThen magazine.
A full list of titles can be found at The StoryGraph. If there’s a particular title you’d like read you can reserve a book for any event by getting in touch below. Just say which book you’d like, at which event.
The next event is:
Treehouse April 4th 2023
6 - 10pm on Tuesday 4 April
Treehouse Boardroom Café
41 Boston Street
Sheffield S2 4QF
Treehouse Apr 28
2 - 6pm
Fri 28 Apr 23
Book the Gnrr
Are you interested in offering graphic novels as part of your event or held at your location? Would you like to offer a unique space for your customers or participants where they can spend their time in a calm, comfortable but sociable environment, being absorbed in graphic art? GNRR is now available for bookings as an event across the UK.
If you have an:
- event space
- university space
- comic art, literary, cultural or music festival
- empty shop that’s suitable for a pop-up event
please get in touch.
All space, furniture requirements and fees can be discussed by contacting me.